ES3 cannot support telephone or walk-in inquiries regarding employment opportunities. If you are interested in being considered for or learning more about the following employment opportunities, please follow the specific instructions for submitting resumes and other material. Should you be unable to utilize our online applicant tracking system, ES3 ensures that you will be provided reasonable accommodations to make application in a suitable manner. We at ES3 greatly appreciate applicants who submit well-written, comprehensive, and well-formatted material. ES3 is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
ES3 is a socially responsible, dynamic, niche technology firm specializing in (1) the design, test, and fabrication of aircraft components and systems, (2) the development of advanced high strength and corrosion resistant coatings, and (3) the application of computational methods for structural dynamic modeling. ES3 has facilities in California, Utah, Georgia and Oklahoma.
We seek to fill a vital position in our downtown San Diego office with a versatile self-starting individual willing to support a host of business functions at the corporate and program level. ES3 offers an exceptional work environment with great people, great facilities, exceptional compensation packages, and good growth potential. For more information about ES3, please visit our website at www.es3inc.com.
This position is responsible for supporting multiple business units through proposal review and support, execution of the full life cycle of procurement activities, manage overall subcontract compliance and oversight of export control compliance. The individual must be willing to work to external deadlines imposed on us by our customers when necessary. As such, ES3 offers job schedule flexibility when no deadlines loom.
- Work in compliance with federal acquisition guidelines FAR, DFAR, AFFAR and other business laws, regulations and internal company policy and procedures.
- Interpret US ITAR and Department of Commerce BIS export control regulation to quickly determine, document, apply and secure necessary export permits and licenses.
- Research legal and regulatory issues to develop the appropriate procedures and training material to ensure corporate compliance.
- Provide critical support to corporate officers in the negotiation of non-disclosure agreements (NDA’s) and teaming agreements, price analysis, negotiation of terms and conditions.
- Ensure appropriate contract flow down documents are in place and properly executed.
- Resolve contractual issues and problems and communicate recommendations to senior staff on plan for resolution.
- Ability to draft well-written business correspondence, contractor responses and requests.
- Maintain auditable files per Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) standards.
- Lead contract close-out tasks and duties.
- Assist and oversee commercial contracts and provide ad hoc reporting to executive management.
- Must possess leadership skills and have a positive disposition to engage and lead a team of purchasing support staff as well as work with a diverse group of exceptionally talented scientists and engineers.
- Must be able to work independently, demonstrate strong time management skills and accomplish goals in high pressure, time sensitive environment.
- Able to shift gears quickly and re-prioritize responsibilities on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Execute tasks with excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice as assigned by persons authorized to do so.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Economics, or related field.
- Minimum 8-12 years of relevant and documentable experience in Contract/Procurement responsibilities. Defense Industry a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications (particularly Word and Excel),
- Proficiency in use of QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions
- Demonstrated high ethical standards for confidentiality, honesty, truthfulness and integrity
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Nuanced analytical approach and techniques.
- Extreme respect and sensitivity to proprietary materials and intellectual property.
This position has supervisory responsibilities for a team of procurement support staff
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
Infrequent Travel to co-locations is required.
ES3 is able to offer an environment that is both enriching and rewarding. ES3 offers an exceptional benefits program including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account, Paid-Time-Off, Holiday Pay and a dynamic 401(k) retirement savings plan with Traditional, Roth and After-Tax investment options along with a generous Employer matching structure. ES3 has a culture of helping our employees retire with dignity. From our experience, employees who participate in our company retirement plan are more engaged in our company than employees who do not. Thus, we try to partner with employees who reinforce our company culture. Please visit our website at www.es3inc.com to learn more about us.
Click Here to Apply
ES3 is an Equal Opportunity/AA/Male/Female/Disability/Veteran Employer